Benefits Trends Survey
September 26, 2019
Registration & Networking: 7:30 a.m.
Meeting: 7:50 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Join us as our two panelists from Mercer, David Sloss and Verali Beltran, discuss the latest survey information and answer some questions such as:
- What are the issues employers face as they expand globally?
- How do employers review and stay abreast of benefits and compensation data in other countries?
- What are the top benefit trends in the U.S.?
- What are employers doing beyond consumerism to control cost?
About our panelists:
David is a principal and global consultant with Mercer's multinational client group (MCG) based in Irvine, California. He is responsible for providing international benefit consulting services to multinationals in the US West market.
David has over 25 years of actuarial and benefits consulting experience, including over 20 years specializing in international consulting in the US and 5 years in retirement consulting in Australia. David has over 20 years’ experience with Mercer.
His areas of expertise include:
- Pension accounting consolidation for non-US pension plans under US GAAP
- Global broking and Global Benefits Management (GBM)
- Benchmarking of pension, life, and medical plans around the world
- Day-to-day global benefits advice
- Review of multinational pooling arrangements and captives
- Development of international medical plans for expatriate and third country national employees
- Benefits due diligence and integration for international mergers and acquisitions.
David is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia (FIAA) and an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA). He has a Bachelor of Economics degree from Macquarie University in Australia.
Verali is a Senior Principal in the Irvine office of Mercer and has been with Mercer for 15 years.
As a senior health & benefits consultant, Verali works extensively with her clients to provide strategic direction on all aspects of their health & welfare program, including benefit design, financial projections, health care reform, and wellness. She is experienced with both fully insured and self-funded plans, helping her clients understand their claims experience and utilization, and helping set budget projections for her self-funded clients. She also assists clients in vendor negotiation, selection and implementation, and ensures that her teams and clients have access to all the resources available within Mercer. As the overall program manager, Verali supports the various phases of identifying, recommending and implementing efficient solutions to achieve client objectives.
Verali received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Economics from the University of San Diego.
***** ***** ***** ****** *****
Note: (i) Once you have registered for this event, we will not be able to refund your payment should you be unable to attend.
(ii) Those who do not register and have pre-paid 24 hours in advance will be charged an additional $10 at the door.